This is very useful if we can start the printer remotely and print the model we want. QIDISlicier provides such a feature
(You can find this area shown above in upper right corner of plater page.)
- Click the gear icon.
- Click the "Add physical printer" option.
(Physical printer setting dialog.)
- Enter the name you want the printer called(just be free).
- Select the printer you want them to work.
- Select one host type.
- Enter the Internal IP address of you printer then add string ":10088",for example ."192.168.0.8:10088".
- Test wheather the url is right.
- If process 5 work well,just click ok to end our connection work.
For most print machine,we just need to do thing below.
- Click network tab.
- Find the WIFI you host in.
- Connect to the WIFI.
- Get the IP.
If your printer can not get the correct IP address because of Unknow DHCP protocol, please add the DHCP protocol to moonraker.conf file. Refer to Add New DHCP protocol
- Examine whether the IP address your input is wrong.
- Examine whether the printer and your host are on the same WIFI network.
- Examine whether the printer disconnect to WIFI network.
This section can be referred to below.
¶ Step 3--Upload and print
(You can find this area shown above in bottom right corner of plater page.)
Click the icon above pointed(then you can find the dialog below.)
- Rename your the g-code file.
- Upload the project g-code file to the printer connected(Will not start printing automatically.)
- Upload and print the model by the printer connected(Printing will start automatically.)
If we connect the printer successfully,we can monitor printing process in host.
The details are described in below link.